Ruth “Robbie” C. Baltzer ’57
2020 Distinguished Alumni Award Recipient
Ruth “Robbie” C. Baltzer, Columbia Class of 1957, is a noted Rochestarian and distinguished alumna of The Columbia School. Her Columbia and Allendale Columbia roots run deep, having served on both the Board of Trustees and the Columbia Alumnae Association. Robbie was Co-Chair for her 50th class reunion and helped lead the charge to endow the Forum Award in memory of the Columbia Class of 1957. Ruth’s late husband, Peter, was a 1954 graduate of Allendale, and her mother, Ruth Macomber Connor, and great aunt, Agnes Bartlett Curtis, attended Columbia. Robbie’s daughter, sister, and several nieces and nephews have also carried on the family tradition.
Robbie has completely devoted herself to active and continuous volunteering in her beloved community of Rochester, as her foremothers and fathers had done before her. She is still active and working hard as member or leader of boards of trustees for many organizations as she has done since returning to Rochester in 1970. In addition to her service to AC, Robbie has served The Junior League of Rochester, The Seneca Park Zoo Society, Rochester General Hospital Association, the Humane Society at Lollypop Farm, Planned Parenthood of Central and Western New York, George Eastman Museum, Rochester Area Community Foundation, Allyn’s Creek Garden Club, Seventh District Federated Garden Clubs of NYS, the Rochester Wheaton Club, the Rochester Female Charitable Society, and the YMCA of Greater Rochester. Robbie has held leadership positions throughout the community, including former Chair Allen Creek School PTSA and former Chair City Hall Citizens’ Committee. She was also a founding member of Womens’ Coalition for Downtown and Bent Twig. Robbie is currently serving as Governance Chair, General Hospital Association, National Garden Club Accredited Master Flower Show Judge, and National Garden Club Landscape Consultant. She has a way about her that inspires trust, and she has been able to raise significant amounts of capital to help the projects in which she’s involved with her tenacity and grace.
Nominations for 2021 are now OPEN!
Want to nominate someone for the Distinguished Alumni Award? Use the form below!
- The nominee must be over the age of 35 and must have attended Allendale, Columbia, or Allendale Columbia School.
- Current trustees and school employees are not eligible to receive the award.
- The nominee has maintained a relationship with Allendale Columbia and supported the school, including volunteer involvement.
- The nominee may have also reached a significant personal or professional achievement within the nominee’s community.
- The nominee must be available to accept the award in-person at the Allendale Columbia School Distinguished Alumni Award Luncheon.
- Nominations may be resubmitted in subsequent years, but nominations will be carried over automatically.
- Award recipient will be chosen by the Alumni Association Board.
- Completed nominations for the 2021 award are due by 5:00 p.m. on February 1st, 2021.
- All nominations must be completed on this official nomination form.
- Anyone can nominate, and self-nominations are permitted.
- Click here to view a sample nomination!
Thank you in advance for your submission for the 2021 Distinguished Alumni Award. Please contact the Alumni Relations office: firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 641-5288 with any questions.
- 2019 – Robert (Bob) C. Tait, II ’75
- 2018 – Gay Pepper ’60
- 2017 – Nancy Northup ’77
- 2016 – Jon L. Schumacher ’55
- 2015 – Richard J. Garrett, Jr. ’70
- 2014 – Tracy R. Gleason ’80
- 2013 – Anne F. Foulkes ’52
- 2012 – Edward P. Curtis Jr. ’47
- 2011 – Elisabeth W. Judson ’64
- 2010 – Robert C. Silver ’42
- 2009 – Richard H. Eisenhart Sr. ’33