Nominations for 2020 are now OPEN!
Want to nominate someone for the 2020 DAA? Use the form below!
- The nominee must be over the age of 35 and must have attended Allendale Columbia School.
- Current trustees and school employees are not eligible to receive the award.
- The nominee has maintained a relationship with Allendale Columbia and supported the school, including volunteer involvement.
- The nominee may have also reached a significant personal or professional achievement within the nominee’s community.
- The nominee must be available to accept the award in-person at the Allendale Columbia School Distinguished Alumni Award Luncheon.
- Nominations may be resubmitted in subsequent years, but nominations will be carried over automatically.
- Award recipient will be chosen by the Alumni Association Board.
- Completed nominations for the 2020 award are due by 5:00 p.m. on February 1st, 2020.
- All nominations must be completed on this official nomination form.
- Anyone can nominate, and self-nominations are permitted.
- Click here to view a sample nomination!
Thank you in advance for your submission for the 2020 Distinguished Alumni Award. Please contact the Alumni Relations office: firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 641-5288 with any questions.
Robert (Bob) C. Tait, II ’75
2019 Distinguished Alumni Award Recipient
This year, we recognized Bob Tait ’75 as the 2019 Distinguished Alumni Award recipient. Bob has been a tremendous contributor to Allendale Columbia School throughout his lifetime. He is a graduate of the class of 1975 and has given his time, talent, and treasure through board service, enrollment of his children Alex ’08 and Margaret ’10, generous donations, and support and vision for the establishment of the international houses on campus alongside the Garrett and Mangan Families. Not only has Bob been a steward of our beloved AC, but he has instilled the same values of service and giving back in his family. His wife, Amy, has also served on the AC Board of Trustees, and both children have been generous donors to the school. Bob embodies all of the values of the AC community and what it means to be an AC alum. Not only has he achieved great things professionally, but he is humble and loyal, and he even knows when to provide comedic relief during challenging discussions. His attitude is collaborative and positive, yet he is direct and goal-focused.
- 2019 – Robert (Bob) C. Tait, II ’75
- 2018 – Gay Pepper ’60
- 2017 – Nancy Northup ’77
- 2016 – Jon L. Schumacher ’55
- 2015 – Richard J. Garrett, Jr. ’70
- 2014 – Tracy R. Gleason ’80
- 2013 – Anne F. Foulkes ’52
- 2012 – Edward P. Curtis Jr. ’47
- 2011 – Elisabeth W. Judson ’64
- 2010 – Robert C. Silver ’42
- 2009 – Richard H. Eisenhart Sr. ’33