Join us for a fun family skate after Holiday Breakfast this Friday! PACK will host a skate session from 12:00-1:30 p.m. at the Bill Gray’s Iceplex, 2700 Brighton Henrietta Town Road, Rochester, NY 14623, on Friday, Dcember 20th. Admission will be $6 per person (If you bring your own skates) and $8 per person for admission and skate rental. PACK will also provide pizza at the rink!
Please RSVP so we can order enough pizza!
Please join us on Wednesday, December 11th for PACK Connections. This month members of the Alternative Revenue Committee (Francis Clement, Amy Leibeck, Ken McCurdy, John Palomaki, and Marie Timpani) will share progress the committee has made to date and the process for submitting and evaluating new ideas. Their mission is to find new sources of revenue for AC by leveraging existing assets in new and creative ways. If you can’t attend but have questions or an idea, please contact committee chair Ken McCurdy or any of the committee members listed above.
Wednesday, December 11th
8:00-8:30 a.m. Coffee and breakfast pastries
8:30 a.m. Presentation by AC’s Alternative Revenue Committee
Grab a cup of coffee, homemade pastry, and learn more about what’s happening at AC!
We hope you’ll join us; all current parents and grandparents are welcome.
No need to RSVP. We look forward to seeing you next Wednesday!
Holiday Breakfast is one of AC’s most special traditions. We celebrate the last day of school before Holiday Break with spirited student performances, a story from the Head of School, speeches by seniors, and plenty of music, food, and merriment! It’s a wonderful time for students, faculty, staff, and families to come together, celebrate the holidays, and give thanks for our community!
(live stream will start at 9:00 a.m. EST)
PACK Ice Skating at the
Bill Gray’s Iceplex
Friday, December 20th
12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
Join PACK after Holiday Breakfast for a fun family skate from 12:00-1:30 p.m. at the Bill Gray’s Iceplex, 2700 Brighton Henrietta Town Line Road, Rochester, NY 14623. Admission will be $6 per person (if you bring your own skates) and $8 per person for admission and skate rental. PACK will also be providing pizza at the rink!
We hope to see you there!
If your children are performing at Holiday Breakfast:
- Parents of K-5 students that are in the Holiday Breakfast program should walk their children into the Alumni Gym (smaller gym) by 8:30 a.m. so that they can meet their class. You can park in the back and side lots, enter through the Gannett Lobby and, after dropping off your child, proceed to the Gannett Gym to be seated for the Holiday Breakfast program.
- Middle and Upper School Chorus are asked to meet at 8:30 a.m. in the Chorus Room.
- Brass Ensemble and Wind Ensemble are asked to meet at 8:15 a.m. where they will perform in the Gannett Gym.
- Student speakers should meet in the Gannett Gym at 8:30 a.m.
Other Holiday Breakfast Reminders:
- All are welcome! Even if your children are not performing, we welcome the entire community, families, and friends to join us for this annual tradition.
- Parents of Nursery and Pre-K students, we encourage you to come with your child to the Gannett Gym for our Holiday Breakfast program. You are also invited to enjoy some refreshments in the Dining Commons after the program. Please do not drop off children to the classroom on this day as there are no classes.
- Wheelchair-accessible seating can be arranged if needed. Please contact Amy Fioravanti before Dec. 18th to make the necessary arrangements.
- Refreshments will be served in the Dining Commons following the program.
- The Wolf Den will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. so you can do some holiday shopping.
- No classes or bus service on this day. Please plan accordingly and enter through the Gannett Lobby to reach the gym. For safety reasons, please do not park in fire lanes or along campus roads.
- Rainbow Room will be in session. Register your child ahead of time if you plan to use Rainbow Room this day.
- AC will close at 10:30 a.m. for the Holiday Break.
- Join PACK at 12:00 p.m. for ice skating and pizza at the Bill Gray’s Iceplex. RSVP for ice skating here.
Support Allendale Columbia School by Shopping at Barnes & Noble in Pittsford on December 12th!
Enjoy caroling, story time with local children’s authors, student musical performances, AC recommended reading by grade level, a scavenger hunt, and more! Just mention “Allendale Columbia” at the register and a portion of your purchase will be donated to support our students!
Thursday, December 12th
Barnes & Noble in Pittsford Plaza
3349 Monroe Ave.
10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Parents of Allendale Columbia Kids (PACK) invites parents, guardians, and grandparents to help make the AC Book Fair a success by volunteering! Shifts are 30-60 minutes long and include set up, staffing the welcome table, and helping with the craft table.
Sign up to be a volunteer here. (sign in to MyAC required)
The AC community will be onsite at Barnes & Noble spreading holiday cheer. Plan to be there to hear musical performances or a story from children’s author Vivian Vande Velde and Kevin Kurtz!
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: AC Ukulele and Voice Performance
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.: AC Godspell cast and Select Choice Performance
- 3:30 – 4:00 p.m.: A story with local children’s author Vivan Vande Velde
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.:AC Brass Ensemble and Chorus perform
- 5:00 – 5:30 p.m.: A story with local children’s author Kevin Kurtz
- 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.: AC Brass Ensemble and Chorus perform
Gift Wrapping (Complimentary!)
Now you can buy your gifts AND get them wrapped! Parents and AC staff will be there to wrap your gifts and tag them with AC cheer. Gift wrapping is free but donations to the Allendale Columbia Book Fair are always appreciated!
You can also order a delicious Cheesecake Factory dessert through the B&N Cafe and a portion of the purchase will be donated to AC. The Winter 2019 menu includes Seasonal Cheesecake, Original Cheesecake, Red Velvet Cheesecake, Chocolate Cheesecake, and a sampler cheesecake with all four. (Hungry, yet?!) Order now through Dec. 17th by downloading the order form.
- Pay by cash or check made out to Barnes & Noble.
- Drop off your order form and payment at the AC Welcome Desk anytime before Dec. 12th or bring orders directly to the Barnes & Noble where you’d like to pick up your cheesecake. Orders submitted directly to Barnes & Noble must be brought in between Dec. 12th-17th to count toward the AC Book Fair.
- Pay by credit card in the store by simply bringing your completed order form to the B&N Cafe.
- Pick up your cheesecake at the store where you ordered any time Barnes & Noble is open. They stay open until 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve!
- Cheesecakes are frozen so allow a day or two in between your pick up date and your enjoy date.
- AC Book Fair pricing is only good for cheesecake orders placed and paid for by December 17th, 2019.
Print This Page to Cut Out Your Voucher Now!
Posted in: LS Birches, MS Birches, PACK, The Birches, US Birches
Parents of Allendale Columbia Kids (PACK) is considering hosting a Saturday Symposium for AC parents on Saturday, February, 29th, 2020. Please fill out this survey to gauge interest in the event and possible topics.
The event will consist of two sessions of about 1.5 hours each. You’ll be able to choose one topic in each session to learn about. Supervised activities may be offered for AC students depending on interest and availability.
Please fill out the survey to rate some suggested topics, and please suggest topics you think you or others would like to learn about or teach. Note that these are only suggestions. If there is enough parent interest, we will move forward with the event. If you would be interested in helping to plan the Saturday Symposium, please fill out the contact info at the end of the survey or contact PACK President Lois Palomaki at firstname.lastname@example.org. THANK YOU!
Join us Wednesday, October 16th, for PACK’s monthly Coffee Connection!
This month, Deanna Sams, Ph.D will discuss how parents can help children and teens cope with anxiety related to school, peer relationships, and other stressors. She will share helpful support and communication strategies and discuss how to know when a child may need professional support.
Dr. Sams is an AC parent and licensed psychologist who specializes in the treatment of children, adolescents, young adults and their families. Her areas of focus are the assessment and treatment of anxiety, OCD, depression, mood disorders, and parenting children with challenging behavior. Dr. Sams uses a flexible and compassionate approach with an emphasis on Cognitive-Behavioral and Acceptance & Commitment Therapies, in which she has extensive training. She uses the Collaborative & Proactive Solutions approach (developed by Ross Greene, Ph.D.) as she works with parents of children with behavioral concerns. Dr. Sams is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Rochester Medical Center, where she is the lead psychologist on the Child & Adolescent Inpatient Psychiatry Unit and is also heavily involved in the training of future mental health professionals. In addition, she maintains a small private practice in the Brighton/Pittsford area.
Wednesday, October 16th
7:00 – 8:30 p.m.: Snacks and coffee
No need to RSVP! We look forward to seeing Wednesday, October 16th!