For our first Fearless Friday of the school year, Super Chef Yessy Roman dug up some potatoes from Allendale Columbia School’s garden. She put the fruits of last year’s Middle School students’ work into a nice mayonnaise-free Garden Potato Salad. New Head of Lower School Michelle Feiss became one of the four tasters, along with three students and Food Service Director Laura Reynolds-Gorsuch. The verdict: a very good from all five! Great work, Super Chef!
Recipe: AC Garden Potato Salad
- 5 lbs. small red potatoes
Chimi Tarragon Dressing
- 6 cups of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs garlic powder
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- 1 Tbs tarragon
- 2 Tbs sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 Tbs black pepper
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Cut the potatoes in quarters or roughly 1″ pieces.
- Steam or boil cut potatoes until al dente, then cool to room temperature.
- Mix the dressing ingredients.
- Toss the dressing with the potatoes, and serve. Enjoy!
On Fearless Friday, Super Chef Yessie Roman makes a new vegetable dish for four Lower School student tasters and Food Service Director Laura Reynolds-Gorsuch, who generally does not like vegetables. Mrs. Reynolds-Gorsuch even posted a photo of herself as a child in stocks with a sign that says “Won’t Eat Vegetables”, proving that this is a long-time issue.