It’s Fearless Friday, and this week, AC Lunch Lady in Chief Laura Reynolds-Gorsuch and four students try Super Chef Yessie Roman’s AC Rainbow Carrot Salad. It’s a vegan recipe, made with orange, yellow, and purple carrots.
At Allendale Columbia School, Fearless Friday is when Lower School students join Laura, who admits she doesn’t usually like vegetables, in trying one of Super Chef’s veggie concoctions.
And the verdicts? “I love it!”, “It was delicious!”, “My favorite food”, and “Amazing!” It looks like this is one you’ll want to try at home.
Recipe: AC Rainbow Carrot Salad (6-8 servings)
- 6 cups shaved rainbow carrots
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- Using short strokes with a vegetable peeler, shave carrots into thin shavings about 2 inches long.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and spices in a bowl; pour over carrots and toss gently. Season carrots with salt and pepper; sprinkle with green onions.
Posted in: Fifth Grade, First Grade, Fourth Grade, Highlights, Kindergarten, Lower School, LS Birches, MS Birches, Second Grade, The Birches, Third Grade, US Birches