It’s Fearless Friday, and Super Chef Yessy Roman made a vegan, protein-rich side or snack for cold winter days. Food Service Director Laura Reynolds-Gorsuch, who generally does not like vegetables, and some Lower School taste testers gave it a try before it was available to everyone. While the first few tasters loved it, the last two had a different opinion.
Recipe: Ginger-infused Edamame
- 2 lbs cooked shelled edamame
- 1 large red or white onion, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped small
- 1/4 cup peeled and grated fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (or cilantro)
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add to edamame.
Posted in: Fifth Grade, First Grade, Fourth Grade, Highlights, Kindergarten, Lower School, Second Grade, Third Grade