On November 30th, Super Chef Yessy Roman whipped up a batch of Homemade Fire Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, which was offered with pita bread, but can also be served with vegetables or chips. Food Service Director Laura Reynolds-Gorsuch and our student tasters all liked it! Try this one on your holiday appetizer tray!
Recipe: Homemade Fire Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (serves 10)
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 (15 oz) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1+2/3 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2+1/2 cups fire roasted red peppers
- 1+1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 Tablespoons cumin
- 2 Tablespoons salt to taste
Mix all ingredients in a food processor. If you desire more smoothness, add 1 cup olive oil. Enjoy with favorite vegetables, chips, or pitas.