If you’re looking for a healthy, protein-rich vegan entree, side dish, or tasty snack, you’ll want to try today’s Fearless Friday treat, Mediterranean Flavored Roasted Garbanzo Beans. Super Chef Yessie Roman fixed up the bean dish for noted vegetable-resistant Food Service Director Laura Reynolds-Gorsuch to try along with four student volunteers and Evan Dumee, our new Physical Education teacher, at Lower School Lunch. It received a thumbs-up from all six taste-testers!
Recipe: Mediterranean Flavored Roasted Garbanzo Beans
- 2 15.5-ounce cans of garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbs sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 Tbs garam masala
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbs curry powder
- 1/2 Tbs turmeric
- 1 Tbs paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground peppercorns
- 1 Tbs cumin
- Rinse beans and let dry.
- Mix all ingredients and spread onto a sheet pan.
- Roast in oven middle rack at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or 5 minutes more if you want it more dry.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Posted in: Fifth Grade, First Grade, Fourth Grade, Highlights, Kindergarten, Lower School, Second Grade, Third Grade