At today’s Fearless Friday, Super Chef Yessy Roman whipped up an all-vegetarian dish: Oven Roasted Italian Tofu with Local Seasoned Leeks. Food Service Director Laura Reynolds-Gorsuch liked the flavor, even though she doesn’t really like the texture of the tofu. Lower School students polished off an entire tray. Try it for yourself!
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 medium leek (white and light-green parts), rinsed well and chopped
- 1 lb of firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1/4 cup of dill (fresh or dry)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- 1 Tbs oregano
- 1 Tbs basil
- 1 Tbs sage
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbs paprika
- Mix all dry herbs with the canola oil and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl.
- Add the tofu and marinade for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle leeks on the mixture
- Cook for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and serve.