Allendale Columbia School is partnering with a public purpose to tackle the problem of summer learning loss head-on. Part of the Greater Rochester Summer Learning Association, our Summer LEAP Program is a six-week academic and character education initiative that provides students in grades K-5 from School No. 17 in the Rochester City School District with an opportunity to continue to strengthen their reading and math skills during the summer months.
After launching the program during the summer of 2014, 100% of our students finished without any learning loss in reading and math. With dedicated and loyal support, AC plans to expand the program by adding one grade level each year, enabling students to attend through eighth grade.
The Allendale Columbia School Summer LEAP Program relies on generous local, regional, and national support from individuals and foundations who make it possible for Summer LEAP students to have access to a leading edge educational experience that otherwise would not be available to them.
Donations of any amount and designation are needed and appreciated. For example, your gift of:
- $2,000 sponsors one student’s entire six-week Summer LEAP experience.
- $500 covers the cost of one weekly field trip for each student in the Summer LEAP program, encouraging meaningful connections within their community.
- $250 provides one student with two well-balanced meals per day for the entire six-week program to ensure that their bodies and minds are ready to learn.
- $100 provides two students with the binders, markers, crayons, notebooks, and paper needed to participate in Summer LEAP.
- $50 provides two students with five books to advance their reading skills, foster a love of reading, and begin their own personal library.
By making a gift, you will have an immediate and meaningful impact on the lives of the Summer LEAP students from School No. 17.