Welcome to Allendale Columbia School’s Rumsey Library!
Looking for a book from Allendale Columbia Rumsey Library’s collection?
Go to AC’s OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog).
Recommended Blogs on Children’s and YA Literature
- A Fuse 8 Production: by Betsy Bird, Head of the Children’s Department at New York Public Library – (She is FUNNY.)
- CYBILS – Children’s and Young Adult Bloggers’ Literary Awards: (Pay attention from Oct. 15 to Feb. 14 and YOU will know a lot about the best books of the year with literary merit AND kid appeal.)
- Read Roger: by Roger Sutton, the editor of The Horn Book, probably the most prestigious book reviewing journal in the U.S. (Pithy posts, but if you really just want the recommended book titles, look on the right side of his blog and subscribe by e-mail to Notes from the Horn Book.)
All the databases on this page require passwords if you are off campus. Please stop by the library for a Passwords Bookmark or look in the MyAC Resources Module (search for “passwords”).
- American History
- Daily Life Through History
- World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras
- World History: The Modern Era
(Newspapers, Magazines, Journals)
Research in Context is designed specifically for Middle School
Academic Journal Articles
You will need the school’s passwords (look in the MyAC Resources Module) to log in for the first time in order to create your own MyJSTOR account.
Access is available on campus only
Learning in the Digital Age
The 4Cs + Citizenship
Materials from Partnership for 21st Century Learning (coming soon)
Mimi Ito delivers keynote on Connected Learning at 8th Annual 21st Century Learning Conference (video coming soon)
Connected Learning Alliance – Make Learning RelevantThe Connected Learning Alliance (CLA) is a network of organizations, projects & individuals helping spread & scale a learning vision designed for our times.